- The Regular Season consists of either 6 or 7 weeks of play with each player playing a Best of Three match each week.
- Late registrations will be allowed up until the start of Week 3. Late registrations will be assigned a bye worth 0 points for each week that they miss.
- The top 16 players from the Regular Season will qualify for the Playoffs which will be played over 3 weeks in the month following the Regular Season. Each Playoffs match is Best of Five.
- The top players from Kreve League Season 7 and Elder Blood League Seasons 1 and 2 will qualify for our end of year prize pool event.
- The Regular Season will begin at 6 PM AEST / 9 AM CET / 3 AM EST on Tuesday 30th of May. It will last either 6 or 7 weeks, depending on player count.
- The Playoffs will be played during the October Gwent Season with the exact date to be announced closer to its start. Playoffs are planned to last 3 weeks.
- All matches in Elder Blood League use the Conquest format. Once a player wins with a deck it can’t be used in the same series. To win the series a player must win with all of their non-banned decks.
- Players will use GwentBansBot to share decks and ban one of their opponent’s decks. This is started by using
- For more information about GwentBansBot use
/helpor watch https://youtu.be/XC3HSgjU83s.
- Players alternate who has blue coin (going first) each game.
- The player starting on blue coin is decided by GwentBansBot.
- The player on blue coin invites their opponent in game.
- In the case of a tie, the game is immediately replayed with the same decks and same player on blue coin.
- Players can use different decks for each series.
- A lineup cannot consist of two decks from the same faction.
- Players will send their decks to their opponent before each serise via GwentBansBot.
- In the following cases a player will receive a technical loss for a game:
- Disconnection (from the very start of the game)
- Queuing a deck not submitted
- Queuing a banned deck
- The opponent can either take the win for the game in these situations or offer to replay the game. We recommend players apply rules of fair play
- The Regular Season will consist of 6 weeks of Swiss if there are 64 or less players and 7 weeks if there are more than 64 players.
- Players will have a week to both organise and play each match.
- Each week starts on Tuesday at 6 PM AEST / 9 AM CET / 3 AM EST.
- Players can organise any time during the week to play their match.
- Each match will be a Best of Three.
- Players bring 3 decks to each match, one of which will be banned.
- To register for the League players are to tag themselves in #registration.
- Players will be assigned a private channel each week in which they are to do all their organisation for that week.
- Both players should agree on a match time by the organisation deadline of Sunday 6 PM AEST / 9 AM CET / 3 AM EST each week and post the agreed time in #match-times with the specified AEST timezone format.
- Results of each match should be posted in #results with the specified format.
- If a player has two no-shows in a row or cannot be contacted for a week they will be disqualified from the tournament.
- The private channels will be deleted at the end of each week so any disputes must be raised before this occurs.
- In round 1 matches will be seeded randomly, in subsequent rounds seeding is based on win/loss record.
- If there is an odd number of total players, then a player will receive a bye that round.
- Points are awarded as follows:
- 2 points for a win/bye
- 1 point for a draw
- 0 points for a loss
- 1st tiebreaker is median-buchholz
- Median-buchholz = total scores of your opponents disregarding the highest and lowest scores
- If a player had a bye they will be assigned a dummy opponent who draws each round for purpose of calculating median-buchholz
- Players who drop are treated as drawing each round after they drop for purpose of calculating median-buchholz
- 2nd tiebreaker is wins against tied participants
- Wins against tied = matches won against players with the same final score
- 3rd tiebreaker is points differential
- Points differential = game wins – game losses
- After the 2nd tiebreaker if the placings have an impact on which players make the upper or lower brackets:
- A Best of Three match is played if two players are tied
- Otherwise the 3rd tiebreaker will be applied, followed by Best of Three matches
- The #league-chat channel can be used for questions and communication. For disputes contact @lemon_44 or ping them in the match’s private channel.
- We recommend that players obtain screenshots of both bans and game results in case a dispute arises.
- In the case of unorganised or unplayed matches the Team Elder Blood moderators will examine the case and resolve the match depending on efforts made by both players to organise the match:
- If no players have made an attempt to communicate (or both made a similar attempt to communicate) then the match will be recorded as a draw.
- If one player attempted to communicate then they will be awarded the win. Failure to respond before the organisation deadline will result in a loss.
- Unplayed matches in the final week of the Regular Season between players that both have 3 or more wins will instead be resolved with a win being awarded by coin flip.
- If players don’t use the assigned private channel admins may be unable to resolve disputes.
- The Playoffs will consist of a 16 player double elimination bracket.
- The top 8 players from the Regular Season will begin in the upper bracket and the next 8 will begin in the lower bracket.
- The lower bracket winner needs to defeat the upper bracket winner twice to win the
playoffs (if both matches are played then the same decks are used but bans are redone).
- Each match will be a Best of Five.
- Players bring 4 decks to each match, one of which will be banned.
- In playoffs, players are to send decks and do bans via GwentBansBot.
- Each Playoffs match will have a minimum of 3 days to be organised and played. Some upper bracket rounds will have 6 days.
- Players will be assigned a private channel each round in which they are to do all their organisation for that round.
- Both players should agree on a match time as soon as they can to ensure Playoffs run as smoothly as possible. Once a match time is agreed upon it should be posted in #match-times with the specified AEST timezone format.
- Results of each match should be posted in #results with the specified format.
In-game rewards thanks to CD Projekt Red
In addition to in-game prizes, the winner of the playoffs (or the highest placing player who has not already qualified) will directly qualify to the end of year tournament. Throughout 2023.
Players will earn League Points depending on their Playoffs placements in Kreve League Season 7 and Elder Blood League Seasons 1 and 2. The 5 players with the highest League Point totals will also qualify for the event.
Ties will be broken by the highest single placement in 2023, followed by playing a tiebreak Best of 5. In the event a qualified player decides to not take part, the player with the next highest League Point total will be invited.
Trial of Champions Information:
- 8 player single elimination tournament
- Qualify by playing in Leagues held in 2023
- Tournament played during November/December 2023
- Prize pool amount $300
Cash prizes are paid out within 14 days via PayPal. No exceptions, you must have an active Paypal account or the cash prize will be void. Paypal accounts must be fully functional, meaning accept payments from other countries – Poland (some countries can not accept abroad payments on Paypal). You will have 7 days to send Paypal account name to the tournament admin via Discord after the end of the tournament.
The main tournament general ruleset applies too.
The Organizer reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
By joining to tournament, you accept the regulations.
Good luck & have fun!